The following is an article taken from a lecture given by Prof. George Vithoulkas
at the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy in Alonissos, Greece in August 2021.
There are different ways of applying homeopathy, but Hahnemann taught only one way. It is obvious he knew better than anybody else how to apply it correctly: one must find the unique homeopathic remedy that fits the individual case.
Hahnemann’s way is difficult. It requires a lot of attention on the part of the homeopath who is taking the case and searching for the correct remedy during a consultation that sometimes lasts more than an hour.
This task is often challenging and time-consuming, even for an experienced homeopath! This conscientious effort should be completed with knowledge of the Materia Medica and the theoretical laws that apply in this science.
These difficulties led homeopaths to propose different ways of deviating from the classical lines instructed by Hahnemann in his “Organon of Medicine”.
I sympathize with them but I know that at the critical moment when a doctor has an emergency case in front of him that needs urgent intervention with the correct remedy, the deficiently educated doctor feels weak and in doubt about what to do, especially if ill-prepared to face the challenge.
The main problem that a professional homeopath faces today is exactly this: finding the best possible education. The person who wants to start a career as a professional homeopath must seriously consider the type of education they are choosing to undertake. Before deciding, they have to investigate whether the options in front of them are worth considering.
This decision should be based on the following:
- Homeopathy is not a chemical drug therapy. It is a system in which potentized remedies are used in their dynamic state and are without side effects if applied properly. For this reason, prescribing on pathology is not correct and the results cannot be as impressive and curative as with real individualized homeopathy.
- The potentized remedy’s action is on a dynamic plane. The homeopathic remedy, through its process of dilutions and succussions, becomes biologically active – a “field force” of a specific vibration. If the remedy is correct then once such a biologically active preparation touches the vital force, the electromagnetic field of the organism, then there is an instant action upon the organism: a synchronization of energies and annihilation of the imbalance takes place. There is a reset of the organism to its original pre-pathology state. This effect is very impressive as every homeopath who has prescribed on these principles can testify.
- Therefore, finding the matching remedy (the Simillimum) is a tedious process and requires a very conscientious homeopath who has been taught to high standards.
Prescribing in a mechanical way on pathology means giving several remedies together (polypharmacy) for a specific disorder. This is wrong as it causes confusion both in the case and in the minds of those who have not correctly understood the principles of Classical Hahnemannian Homeopathy. It makes homeopathy look easy to prescribe, but the results are poor.
The prospective student should take into consideration all these issues and try to discern with a critical mind the best educational organization. Such a school would require rigorous studies and extra effort in order to master this science in depth.
Historically, the whole homeopathic educational movement has suffered due to the diversions in polypharmacy, wrong application of miasmatic theory, and a multitude of other nonsensical ideas that have brought confusion.
At least 20,000 doctors and other health professionals from 97 countries, including the USA, have trained with the Academy to date. We offer the only Homeopathy program adopted by Medical Universities worldwide. Read testimonials from graduates of our E-Learning Course at https://www.vithoulkas.edu.gr/testimonials
Learn more about our 2 Year International E-learning Program: https://www.vithoulkas.edu.gr/
Learn more about our 3 Year North American Practitioner Program: https://vithoulkas.college/
George Vithoulkas is one of the most renowned and experienced classical homeopaths in the world. In 1996, he was honored with the Right Livelihood Award (also known as Alternative Nobel Prize) “for his outstanding contribution to the revival of homeopathic knowledge and the training of homeopaths to the highest standards”. The United Nations (Development Forum) considers this award “Among the world’s most prestigious awards”.
George Vithoulkas is the author of the following books:
- “Homeopathy-Medicine of the New Man”
- “Homeopathy-Medicine for the New Millennium”
- “The Science of Homeopathy”
- “Levels of Health”
- “Materia Medica Viva” (13 volumes)
- “A New Model for Health and Disease”
- “Talks on Classical Homeopathy”
- “Essence of Materia Medica”
- “Classical Homeopathy for Anxiety and Jealousy”
- “Homeopathic Conference Esalen”
- “The Bern Seminar”
- “The Celle Seminars”
- “The Basic Ideas of Homeopathy”
In 1995, he established the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy in Alonissos, Greece, where he serves as Head of Educational Department. Through his teachings at the Academy, Prof. Vithoulkas presents his most current theories regarding levels of health. Prof. George Vithoulkas has recorded his teachings in a complete and didactic way, in order to improve the qualification of homeopaths, and set a gold-standard of homeopathic education worldwide. The information throughout the course is based on his personal experience of over 60 years.